Dr. Steven Seigart
Director of Music/Organist
Please join your Meeting House family in this collaborative project by recording you and your family singing the “Amen” that closes our service each week! As more and more people contribute their videos, we’ll add them to a giant collage of our congregation! This is a rolling deadline, so send your videos by Thursday each week to add to that Sunday’s online worship offering!
Instructions for Recording
- You’ll need two devices: one for recording (your smart phone) and one to play this video (another phone, tablet, or computer). You’ll need headphones to plug in to the second device to minimize feedback.
- When you’re ready to record, navigate to the camera app on your phone and turn it landscape (sideways) and start recording video. Make sure we can see your whole head centered on the screen. Then press play on the video on your other device and sing along.
- When you’re happy with your video, email it to me. If the file is too large, you can send via Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, or WeTransfer.com.
- It’s pronounced “Ay-men,” and you’ll sing it three times, a step higher each time.
- When singing, prioritize rhythm and try to stay exactly in time with the track.
- It’s okay if you’re not happy with the audio! The main thing is to see you participating (I can always mute or lower your volume if you’re not comfortable sharing it).
- You can record this with your whole family in the same video, but feel free to record the videos one person at a time too.
- Don’t forget to smile! 🙂